About the Heroes Foundation
To Inspire & Empower
At Heroes, we’re all about helping young people discover their inner Hero and work together to create a brighter future.
We tackle big issues that affect children and youth by offering valuable resources like mental health support, skills training, and opportunities to grow. It’s all about making life better, finding the courage to overcome tough times, and building a stronger community for a better world.
Let’s team up for some positive change!
The Heroes Foundation
What We Do
ENABLE LONG-TERM DEVELOPMENT AND YOUTH-LED SOCIAL ACTION
NURTURE HEALTHY MENTORSHIP
FOSTER CONNECTED LEARNING AND SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
HEROES ACADEMY hosts online self-paced skills-development courses.
INSPIRE YOUTH LEADERSHIP AND POSITIVE BEHAVIOUR CHANGE
HEROES SEQUENTIAL ARTS PUBLICATIONS AND DIGITAL CAMPAIGNS leverage child and youth-friendly storytelling for education and positive behaviour change.
Below are the results of our impact assessment done in 2021 which captures feedback from participant on our core outcome areas.
Life Skills and Character Development
See themselves as a leader
- Feel more confident 91% 91%
- Are able to communicate better 94% 94%
- Have goals for their future and work hard each day to achieve them 95% 95%
- Stand up for what they believe in 97% 97%
Mental Health and Well-Being
Have a better understanding of their health and well-being
- Know where to access support when feeling sad and down 84% 84%
- Feel more positive and in control of their life 87% 87%
Know how and want to make a positive difference in their community and country
- Have a deeper appreciation for their country’s heroes and culture 94% 94%
- Volunteering has become an important part of their life 85% 85%
- The amount of time they spend volunteering has increased 75% 75%
Understand their career options for the future
- Have identified a career path 93% 93%
Developing Gifts and Talents
Know their strengths and talents
- Have opportunities to express themselves and strengthen their talents 92% 92%
Have improved performance in school
- Are confident that they can do an excellent job on assignments and jobs 94% 94%
- Are more involved in school activities 82% 82%